The Lazzati Group performs research in theoretical astrophysics. Current research focuses on understanding the physics of Gamma-Ray Bursts, the dynamics of self-gravitating rubble piles, and of cosmic dust.
Ph.D., Astronomy, University of Milan
BS, Physics, University of Milan
- D. Lazzati, Brian J. Morsony, D. López-Cámara "Numerical Simulations of Gamma-Ray Burst Explosions" 2015, JHEAP in press (arXiv).
- R. Margutti et al. "Dust in the wind: the role of recent mass loss in long gamma-ray bursts" 2015, Submitted to ApJ (arXiv).
- A. Chhotray, D. Lazzati "Gamma-Ray Burst spectra and spectral correlations from sub-photospheric Comptonization" 2015, ApJ, 802, 132 (arXiv).
- C. Mauney, M. Buongiorno Nardelli, D. Lazzati "Formation and properties of astrophysical carbonaceous dust. I: ab-initio calculations of the configuration and binding energies of small carbon clusters", 2015, ApJ, 800, 30 (arXiv).
- M.G. Bernardini et al. "Comparing the spectral lag of short and long gamma-ray bursts and its relation with the luminosity", 2015, MNRAS, 446, 1129 (arXiv).
- D. López-Cámara, B. J. Morsony, D. Lazzati "Photospheric emission from long duration gamma-ray bursts powered by variable engines", 2014, MNRAS, 442, 2202 (arXiv)
- C. Segura, D. Lazzati, A. Sankarasubramanian "The use of broken power-laws to describe the distributions of daily flow above the mean annual flow across the conterminous U.S.", 2013, Journal of Hidrology, 505, 35.
- D. Lazzati, M. Villeneuve, D. López-Cámara, B. J. Morsony, R. Perna "On the observed duration distribution of gamma-ray bursts from collapsars", 2013, MNRAS, 436, 1867 (arXiv).
- D. López-Cámara, B. J. Morsony, M. C. Begelman, D. Lazzati "Three-dimensional AMR simulations of long-duration Gamma-Ray Burst jets inside massive progenitor stars", 2013, ApJ, 767, 19 (arXiv).
- D. Lazzati, B. J. Morsony, R. Margutti, M.C. Begelman, M. "Photospheric emission as the dominant radiation mechanism in long-duration gamma-ray bursts", 2013, ApJ, 765, 103 (arXiv).
- 2022 Aspen Institute Italia Prize