These are raw notes for an eventual wiki page. Please return later.
This is a record of a conversation between Emily van Zee and Corinne Manogue, July 2008
Emily's list of types of classroom discourse:
- Recitation–interaction around correct answers
- Guided Discussion–what is the student thinking?
- Student↔student (within the whole group)
- student↔student (small group
- Student report
Students modelling professional behavior.
Physics is about relationships.
How to move your office hours into the classroom.
- Special Cases
- Thinking processes
- Practice drawing inferences
- Rocognize patterns
- Model asking professional questions
- Querying expectations ↔implications
- Changing epistemology
- Developing classes, properties, & characteristics (the need to wonder about)
- Multiple representations
- What kind of a beast is it?
- Refining resources