PhD Learning Outcomes
Learning Outcomes for the PhD program in Physics, accepted 2011.
Graduate School global outcomes.
- Produce and defend an original significant contribution to knowledge.
- Demonstrate mastery of subject material.
- Be able to conduct scholarly activities in an ethical manner.
- Students will have met the objectives for learning outcomes in an undergraduate discipline relevant to their graduate field of study.
- Graduates will be able to summarize major central issues and current research problems in their field.
- Graduates will be able to communicate the major tenets of their field and their work orally and in writing for students, peers and the lay public.
- Graduates will be able to explain and identify areas of uncertainty in their fields.
- Graduates will be able to identify areas where ethical issues may arise in their work or discipline, and articulate strategies for dealing with them.
- Graduates will have designed, carried out and presented an original work of research at the leading edge of their discipline.