MS Learning Outcomes
Graduate School global outcomes.
- Conduct research or produce some other form of creative work.
- Demonstrate mastery of subject material.
- Be able to conduct scholarly or professional activities in an ethical manner.
- Students will have met the objectives for learning outcomes in an undergraduate discipline relevant to their graduate field of study.
- Graduates will be able to summarize major central issues and current research problems in their field.
- Graduates will be able to communicate the major tenets of their field and their work orally and in writing for students, peers and the lay public.
- Graduates will be able to identify areas where ethical issues may arise in their work or discipline, and articulate strategies for dealing with them.
- Graduates will have completed and defended: an original manuscript based on either (1) original research [thesis MS]; or (2) a smaller-scale research project [non-thesis (project) MS].